Are You Experienced?
Google limited the availability of their promotion ad extension in the much-loved former user interface (UI) and extended the extension's availability in the new "AdWords Experience" aka the latest AdWords (UI).
Please hold your grumblings - this extension might be the incentive that entices your transition to the new "experience" this holiday season.
AdWords promotion ad extensions allow your search ads to show, advertise and link to specific specials and offers without having to create new ads.
The extension appears below ads with a price-tag icon, a relevant occasion, promotion type, requirement and sale item.
Current occasions include New Year’s, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Labor Day, Back To School, Halloween, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas, and Boxing Day.
If one is selected from the list, it will appear in bold in ads, or the option can be left blank for non-holiday promotions:
A Holiday Recipe for Arbitrage
Now is the time to take advantage of the opportunity to capitalize on the extension's novelty before more advertisers adopt and searchers are used to it.
The promotion extension is currently driving click-through and conversion rates higher than other extensions for many advertisers.
In the words of PPC expert, Robert Brady:
By tapping into human's fear of missing out (FOMO) - especially when combined with AdWords Countdown ad customizer - the promotion extension can help skyrocket ROI over the holiday season.
You can be more effective with limited time by displaying specific offers in the promotion extension without having to create new text ads.
Another option is to hammer home your message by repeating the offer in the ad text and in the promotion extension.
Get this extension while it's hot and competition is not.
Since Black Friday and Cyber Monday are just around the corner, and the promotion extension takes less than 5 minutes to set up, it's time to get acquainted with the new AdWords Experience.
How to Set Up Promotion Extensions
1. From the campaign dashboard in the new AdWords Experience select the ads and extensions tab, then the promotion extension:
2. Decide whether to add extension to account. campaign or ad group, select add new, then an occasion from the drop-down or leave it blank for a non-holiday promotion:
3. Choose the currency and select promotion type:
4. Name the promotion (20 character limit) and set the final landing page URL that includes details about the promotion:
5. If applicable include a promo code or “On orders over” (i.e. if free shipping is included after a certain amount is spent):
6. Choose promotion start and end dates for limited-time offers:
7. Advanced options include URL tracking templates, device preference and extension scheduling:
8. Hit save and wait for approval:
9. Pat yourself on the back and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Shape's Holiday Bonus:
Now you can manage budgets across AdWords, Bing, Facebook and LinkedIn for one of your clients in Shape's PPC budget management platform totally FREE!
Relieve the stress of overspend by creating an account for your toughest client today.