Updated November 28, 2018
After reviewing the draft for this post on the benefits of creating Google Ads Manager Accounts, Jon Davis, Shape's CEO, offered the following feedback to ensure we relate to a broad spectrum of PPC expertise:
In short, Google Ads Manager Accounts, formerly known as My Client Centers (MCCs), aren't just for agencies. Whether you're managing one Google Ads (fka AdWords) account or one hundred, using an Google Ads Manager Account has several advantages over the traditional UI and exponentially more than AdWords Express.
What is an Google Ads Manager Account?
A Google Ads Manager Account allows you to manage all of your Google Ads accounts by logging into one place.
A manager account is more than adjusting settings within your current client accounts. It actually requires creating a new Google Ads account that will act as an umbrella account that links your other Google Ads accounts to simplify management.
Creating an Google Ads Manager Account is advantageous even if you just manage one account because it allows your to connect to third-party PPC budget management tools like Shape.
Why Create an Google Ads Manager Account?
Save time (and frustration) by signing into one place to manage, search, report and analyze all of your client accounts
Compare performance across accounts with advanced filters and segmentation
Consolidate billing and invoices
Set up automated rules and alerts that can apply to all accounts
Integrate with third-party platforms
Create Your Google Ads Manager Account
The following is distilled from this Google Ads Support article .
1. Visit the Google Ads Manager Account page to click start now.
2. Enter an email you have access to that's not associated with another Google Ads Manager Account.
3. Name your account (keeping in mind your clients will see it in their managed accounts).
4. Decide the primary use of your Google Ads Manager Account:
5. Choose your default settings for country, time zone & currency then select 'Save and continue'.
6. Your new Google Ads Manager Account will be active as soon as your email is verified.
7. Link your new Google Ads Manager Account to Shape.
Create Your Free Shape PPC Management Account
If you also run ads across other networks like Bing, Facebook and LinkedIn in conjunction with Google Ads then connecting those accounts in Shape allows you to easily and effectively manage ads across networks in one PPC platform.
Manage one client across multiple ad networks totally free with Shape's PPC Management Platform.