After reviewing the draft for this post on the benefits of creating AdWords Manager Accounts, Jon Davis, Shape's CEO, offered the following feedback to ensure we relate to a broad spectrum of PPC expertise:
In short, AdWords Manager Accounts, formerly known as My Client Centers (MCCs), aren't just for agencies. Whether you're managing one AdWords account or one hundred, using an AdWords Manager Account has several advantages over the traditional UI and exponentially more than AdWords Express.
What is an AdWords Manager Account?
An AdWords Manager Account allows you to manage all of your AdWords accounts by logging into one place.
A manager account is more than adjusting settings within your current client accounts. It actually requires creating a new AdWords account that will act as an umbrella account that links your other AdWords accounts to simplify management.
Creating an AdWords Manager Account is advantageous even if you just manage one account because it allows your to connect to third-party PPC budget management tools like Shape.
Why Create an AdWords Manager Account?
- Save time (and frustration) by signing into one place to manage, search, report and analyze all of your client accounts
- Compare performance across accounts with advanced filters and segmentation
- Consolidate billing and invoices
- Set up automated rules and alerts that can apply to all accounts
- Integrate with third-party platforms
Create Your AdWords Manager Account
The following is distilled from this AdWords Support article .
1. Visit the AdWords Manager Account page to click start now.
2. Enter an email you have access to that's not associated with another AdWords Manager Account.
3. Name your account (keeping in mind your clients will see it in their managed accounts).
4. Decide the primary use of your AdWords Manager Account:
5. Choose your default settings for country, time zone & currency then select 'Save and continue'.
6. Your new AdWords Manager Account will be active as soon as your email is verified.
7. Link your new AdWords Manager Account to Shape.
Create Your Free Shape PPC Management Account
If you also run ads across other networks like Bing, Facebook and LinkedIn in conjunction with AdWords then connecting those accounts in Shape allows you to easily and effectively manage ads across networks in one PPC platform.
Manage one client across multiple ad networks with zero budget restrictions totally free with Shape's PPC Management Platform.