From 2011-2013 I had the privilege to serve as PPC Department Manager for a team of 6 great analysts. We worked hard during those years to make sure our meetings weren't a waste of time and crafted this format together.
- 1 manager
- 2 senior analysts
- 4 analysts
- 1 dog
11am every Wednesday
1 hour max
- manager's job to make sure meeting doesn't last more than an hour
- disagreements are okay
- resolve disagreements with data when possible
- expressing fears, uncertainty and doubt about anything is encouraged
- these are always written down by the manager and added to the 'F.U.D. File' (fears, uncertainty, doubt)
1. Everyone shares:
- something they learned over the last week, doesn't have to be work related
- the biggest challenge they are facing and how others can help
2. Manager presents any company related news, events or necessary information from HR.
3. Manager addresses the 'F.U.D. File' and what is being done to remove things from this file for the team.
4. Someone from the team presents a topic about PPC strategy or client communication they feel the rest of the team should be thinking about.
This format worked great for us as a team of 7.