For day-to-day communication our team uses Slack and we love it. We spend our days working on how to serve PPC (pay-per-click) marketing professionals with our software. Talking to our customers during this process we have found that many of them also use Slack.
I have been fascinated by the explosion of bots and apps built using Slack’s API since they launched the Slack App Directory in December of 2015.
But, searching the directory I could never find any stand alone apps or bots designed specifically with PPC professionals in mind.
So we decided to make one…
We set out with these goals for PPCink:
- make it easy to pull recent posts from a curated list of PPC focused blogs
- explore the #ppcchat archives by topic
- display links to the current top posts on the subreddit r/PPC
- search on the name or twitter handle of a PPC pro and get publicly available info like their title and the company they work for
- make it easier to discover content like PPC focused podcasts, conferences, book recommendations, playlists, software and more
Happy to say we’ve been able to hit all those goals with this initial release and you can now find PPCink in the Slack App Directory!
How to Get Started
Go to PPCink.com and click the ‘add to slack’ button.
How to Use After Install
PPCink is triggered by starting a message in any channel with the slash command,
Here’s how to pull the most recent posts from PPC Hero:
There is a little margin for error when typing out the messages for PPCink to respond to but for best results use one of the commands detailed here, The Complete List of Commands for PPCink.
More Detailed Examples of PPCink in Action:
We have a lot of ideas for how to add more abilities to PPCink. In the short term there are additional blogs we want to add as sources and make the info search a little more polished.
Any Questions or Feedback?
We’d love to hear what the PPC community thinks of our bot. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any feedback, questions or ideas.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on twitter @ppcink
View more info at PPCink.com