Do you want to share Shape with a coworker, but worry that they could mistakenly push changes? Now, you can add a team member in “Read Only” mode. Read Only team members can view all clients and budgets in Shape, but can only take minor actions: adding/filtering tags, leaving notes, downloading reports, enabling/disabling email alerts.Read More
AutoPilot Daily calculates the ideal daily spend your campaigns will need to achieve your overall budget target. If your campaigns hit that daily threshold, campaigns will pause and won’t reactivate until the following day.Read More
If we aren't sleeping our attention is being drawn somewhere. We are consuming more advertising and content than ever. It's also harder than ever to stand out because of all the noise.
In this episode, Nicole and Jon talk through how the changes in people's attention habits have influenced marketing decisions at Shape and how that led to filming a plane doing a fly by in the Oregon desert for a recent video.Read More
We’re releasing AutoPilot modes to help you better control and pace your digital advertising spend. You choose the level of control AutoPilot has to change your campaign status using AutoPilot Pause Only, AutoPilot Pause/Enable, or AutoPilot Daily.Read More
AutoPilot Daily is one of our new AutoPilot modes. With AutoPilot Daily, your campaigns adhere to strict daily budget targets meaning you won’t be surprised by over-delivery issues. Learn how AutoPilot Daily combats advertising engines over-delivery, how to implement it, and more.Read More
Better control your digital advertising spend with AutoPilot Modes including the new Pause Only mode. With AutoPilot Pause Only mode, Shape tracks your PPC budget spend and pauses campaigns when they hit their budget target. Campaigns won’t be reactivated until you choose to activate them!Read More
Shape Notes help you consolidate your thoughts, jot down action items, and record important events for your Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, and LinkedIn Ads campaigns in one place. Now you can add Notes right from the graph and pinpoint exactly when you wrote specific notes!Read More
We’re releasing two major updates to our platform: an improved AutoPilot Interface and enhanced editing capabilities (including bulk edits).Read More
Whether you’re just getting started with Shape or are a long-time customer, it can be useful to have a process broken down step-by-step so you know exactly what steps to take. We’ve been hard at work creating checklists on common setup processes, and will be adding more in the weeks to come.Read More
We've completely rebuilt Budget Pacer to help you hit your budget targets on time, every time.Read More
Consolidate your thoughts, jot down action items, and record important events for your AdWords, AdCenter, Facebook Ads, and LinkedIn Ads campaigns in one place with Shape Notes.Read More
Identify and correct digital advertising pacing issues lurking in your accounts by utilizing the Budget Pacer Dashboard to direct your attention where it needs to be.Read More
PPC budget analysis designed to help you identify and capitalize on lost opportunities.Read More
The ability to schedule future PPC budget amounts has finally arrived. No more calendar alerts and notes. Our new scheduler lets you set changes today.Read More
PPC budget analysis designed to help you identify and capitalize on lost opportunities.Read More
No two organizations manage PPC campaigns the same way.
We are launching App Gallery because an application based development model allows us to cater to diverse organizational needs without overwhelming our customers with one bulky does-it-all interface.Read More
The decision to overhaul the process of creating Clients and Budgets began with thinking of ways to improve the initial on-boarding experience for trial customers. We weren't doing a good enough job making sure people new to Shape reached a critical mass of data in Shape.
As we dug into the problem, it uncovered ways we could improve the process for people building budgets everyday.
Now when you create a new budget you'll see the new Budget Designer.
The New Budget Designer
We also added a new ability to Budget Designer we think you'll love...
Introducing: Create Similar Budget
After creating a Budget there is a new option, 'Create Similar Budget'
When you select that option, you'll be sent back to the beginning of the Budget creation process but Alert and Automation settings will be saved and applied to the new Budget.
No more duplicating efforts when creating a bunch of Budgets for a Client with the same settings.
We hope this helps your day-to-day.
As always reach out with any ideas you have to make Shape better at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many PPC professionals dream of creating custom tools.
Unfortunately, technical resources are often tough to come by and the thought of maintaining data connections with multiple advertising networks makes developers run for the hills.
For almost two years, we’ve been working on a product designed to help you bust through development roadblocks with your team.
We’re excited to offer our API toolkit.
A PPC Data API for Marketers and Developers
As former marketers, we battled for developers' time to help us build internal solutions to our PPC problems. Most months went by without our project landing on the engineering roadmap.
If marketers can't get developers involved from the start. We wanted an API that allows marketers to build their own solutions and proof of concepts as well as catering to the needs of developers.
The Shape Forge and documentation makes this possible. Marketers get to unleash the power of major ad network APIs with some simple copy/paste actions. Developers get all the documentation and flexibility they expect from a modern API.
Depending on your job role and technical background, we have created two tracks to get you started with the Shape API.
We can't wait to see what you create!
How to Get Started
Marketers can gain access to Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, Bing Ads, LinkedIn Ads API data by copying/pasting a few lines of basic code.
Developers can find extensive technical information on how to integrate the Shape API with their internal systems.
Shape API Toolkit Video Introduction
Our team is here to help.
Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions before getting started.
AJ Wilcox, founder of B2Linked, a digital agency managing more money with LinkedIn Ads than any other on the planet, is stress-testing Shape's latest LinkedIn Ads integration and shared the following insight with me.
When did AJ get started in PPC management?
- AJ starting managing PPC in 2007. He never really liked AdWords but social ads stole his heart. His guilty pleasure is getting lost on Quora answering questions for hours on end. Check out AJ's Quora profile for more wisdom.
What questions does AJ ask new clients starting LinkedIn ads?
- It's crucial to set clients' expectations because LinkedIn Ads average cost per clicks (CPCs) are significantly higher than other platforms (around $6-9/click).
- He asks B2B clients about average deal and customer lifetime values (LTV) to make sure advertising on the network is a good fit. Depending on the client, he suggests a minimum of $15,000 value per deal to gauge if the upfront advertising investment is likely to be effective.
Why might analysts be challenged by LinkedIn Ads?
- As of Sept 2016, Larry Kim still hates some things about LinkedIn Ads, but the network is improving “at a breakneck pace”. The launch of their audience network has expanded reach and new lead gen form ad formats are available.
- AJ suggests retargeting LinkedIn website visitors via another network such as Facebook or AdWords to save budget while re-engaging a qualified audience at a lower CPC.
- Since LinkedIn’s sorting and filtering functionality isn’t as advanced as other networks, yet, he uses a naming convention based off population segments to quickly understand the contents of each campaign. He also reuses campaigns by pausing the old creative. In fact, he still uses the same five campaigns he started with and just runs new content through them.
- LinkedIn Ads do have a relevancy/quality score, they just don't report it. You'll discover if you have a low score if your ads stop showing.
Which Shape features are beneficial for LinkedIn Ads?
- Business insurance doesn't cover agencies if clients' budgets are overspent. AJ is most excited about Shape's alerting and "insurance" features like AutoPilot that prevent overspending his clients' budgets.
Who has provided the best PPC and/or LinkedIn Ads advice?
- The industry expert AJ looks up to is fellow PPC agency owner of Zato Marketing, and Shape advocate, Kirk Williams, along with the PPCChat Community.
Which conferences will AJ be presenting at next?
Who wins in a fight between Santa and the Easter Bunny?
- Immediately after our chat AJ submitted his detailed Quora response to Santa vs Easter Bunny. We like your style, AJ.
If you manage LinkedIn Ads for your clients, Shape can make impossible cross-platform PPC budget management, possible. In AJ's words, we can your "business insurance" that prevents overspend and those difficult client conversations.
Create your Shape account, link data sources, set up cross-platform budgets and start managing more ad spend with less stress, today!
We are excited to announce that you can sync LinkedIn Ads performance with Shape and also access data through the Shape API!
All Your Data in One Place
LinkedIn is now part of our growing list of ad network integrations. Manage PPC campaigns on Google, Bing, Facebook, and LinkedIn together in one platform.
Analyze, edit and report on Sponsored Content, Sponsored InMail, and Text Ads in your dashboard.
Never Overspend Again
Use Shape's robust tracking and automation features to improve performance and prevent mistakes.
Enable AutoPilot to have Shape automatically pause or enable LinkedIn campaigns based on your available budget.