Google Ads Manager Accounts, formerly known as My Client Centers (MCCs), aren't just for agencies. Whether you're managing one Google Ads (fka AdWords) account or one hundred, using an Google Ads Manager Account has several advantages over the traditional UI and exponentially more than AdWords Express.Read More
Updated: December 4, 2018
Google Ads Promotion Extensions
Google Ads promotion ad extensions allow your search ads to show, advertise, and link to specific specials and offers without having to create new ads.
The extension appears below Google search ads with a price-tag icon, a relevant occasion, promotion type, requirement and sale item.
A few of the current occasions include New Year’s, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Labor Day, Back To School, Halloween, Black Friday, Carnival, Chinese New Year, Diwali, Eid al-Adha, Hanukkah, Independence Day, Cyber Monday, Christmas, and Boxing Day. A full list of all the occasions that are supported can be found here.
If one is selected from the list, it will appear in bold in ads, or the option can be left blank for non-holiday promotions:
A Holiday Recipe for Arbitrage
Now is the time to take advantage of the opportunity to capitalize on the extension's novelty before more advertisers adopt and searchers are used to it.
The promotion extension is currently driving click-through and conversion rates higher than other extensions for many advertisers.
In the words of PPC expert, Robert Brady:
By tapping into human's fear of missing out (FOMO) - especially when combined with Google Ads Countdown ad customizer - the promotion extension can help skyrocket ROI over the holiday season.
You can be more effective with limited time by displaying specific offers in the promotion extension without having to create new text ads.
Another option is to hammer home your message by repeating the offer in the ad text and in the promotion extension.
Get this extension while it's hot and competition is not.
Since holidays are always right around the corner, and the promotion extension takes less than 5 minutes to set up, it's time to get acquainted with promotion extensions.
How to Set Up Promotion Extensions
1. From the campaign dashboard in the new Google Ads interface select the ads and extensions tab, then the promotion extension:
2. Decide whether to add extension to account. campaign or ad group, select add new, then an occasion from the drop-down or leave it blank for a non-holiday promotion:
3. Choose the currency and select promotion type:
4. Name the promotion (20 character limit) and set the final landing page URL that includes details about the promotion:
5. If applicable include a promo code or “On orders over” (i.e. if free shipping is included after a certain amount is spent):
6. Choose promotion start and end dates for limited-time offers:
7. Advanced options include URL tracking templates, device preference and extension scheduling:
8. Hit save and wait for approval:
9. Pat yourself on the back and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Shape's Holiday Bonus:
Now you can manage budgets across Google, Bing, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for one of your clients in Shape's PPC budget management platform totally FREE!
Relieve the stress of overspend by creating an account for your toughest client today.
Shape curated these PPC tips to amplify your content marketing efforts by attending The Content Experience hosted by Uberflip, August 22-23rd 2017 in Toronto, Ontario.Read More
Shape had the pleasure of attending Turing Fest 2017 which hosted more than 1200 attendees August 2-3rd in Edinburgh Scotland. We’ve collected 45 expert tips for you to implement on your own advertising initiatives.Read More
The Shape team is still unpacking everything stuffed in our brains and suitcases from our visit to Vancouver, B.C. for Unbounce's CTA Conference. The full-stack lineup of expert marketing speakers spanned SEO, PPC, CRO, social media, copywriting, design, analytics, machine learning, and more.Read More